Tuesday 23 April 2013

My striped skirt

My skirt had its first outing to work today. Everyone seemed to be complimentary. It is always a bit of a scary moment to wear your own creation for the first time, just in case everyone reacts badly! I am sure I am not the only one who feels this!

I also traced and cut out 2 patterns from my sew hip mags (the plaid dress from issue 2 and the full bloom top from a layer issue) I hope to buy suitable fabric for them once I get my paycheque at the end of the month. Until then, I may as well cut out all of the patterns I like, in preparation. I have not yet accumulated a 'stash'... I just have an assortment of small scraps at the moment.

I am going to give 're-fashioning' a go until I get my new fabrics. I have a couple of dresses that looked nice on the hanger, but when I got them home, they really looked icky. I was going to get rid of them but have decided to have a go at 'fixing them'... Fingers crossed!

I will post a before and after pic - if I manage to fix it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear ya on being a little scared to wear your handmade items out of the house for the first time! when i wore the first dress i made to work, i almost packed a change of clothes just in case!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I did, though! Now I have more confidence to continue! BTW I love your new dress with the lining. Very pretty!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I'd really love to know your thoughts... so why not leave a wee comment!

Popular Posts

Quick search