Saturday 4 May 2013

Scrap denim skirt project

I hate wasting fabric. The thought of throwing scraps away seem awful to me. But the thought of them lying in a tub and not getting used also annoys me.

I woke up in the middle of the night (yip... Sad) and was pretty determined to use the scraps from my denim dress to make something else.

The problem was that the leftovers, whilst being quite big, we're not big enough for a regular pattern piece. So I decided... Work on the bias. If in doubt, cut the remaining fabric into clean and large squares, and if a reasonable square cant be made... Make an isosceles triangle instead. It has been quite therapeutic and freeing to not begin with a pattern but also not have the pressure of "ruining new fabric". I think I know where I am going with this one... We shall just have to wait and see if it works out! Fingers crossed.

I also went into my local fabric store today... I left empty-handed. A jersey print caught my eye. It was beautiful, but I am not ready for that fabric yet. If I bought it, it would have been too tempting not to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I'd really love to know your thoughts... so why not leave a wee comment!

Popular Posts

Quick search