Monday 6 May 2013

Floral Swishy Dress... Project almost complete!

I have forgone my lunch and everything! I was just too excited to work on the dress!

I still have some tweaking to do... Add a trim, take it in a wee bit, hem it and fix the straps at the back. It is not perfect, but pretty good for a newbie!

I totally love it! The print and colours are a bit in your face... But that is what I love in my clothes, especially my dancing dresses. Can't wait to wear it to my next dance group party night. :-)

Still can't believe I made and designed it myself! I have the (ragged) tissue pattern pieces to prove it! Lol!

Thanks to Otis Redding and Kings of Leon for their fine musical contributions all day.

So, I have tried to take pics along the way - more for myself so I can make it again/ see where I went wrong, and on the off chance it is useful to anyone else. My camera died half way though so... Not as many pics as I'd like. Ah well.

Hope you like it and if you have any questions or comments or tips I'd love to hear them!! :-)


















2 comments:

  1. adorable and congrats on all that hard work! you'll have to take some pics when you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really chuffed with myself for managing it!
      I promise there will be pics with me wearing it soon! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I'd really love to know your thoughts... so why not leave a wee comment!

Popular Posts

Quick search