I have been working at this silly high scoop bib yoke for EVER!! I have moved it, trimmed it, darted it more, pinned it, pressed it and all other things you can think of. It was eventually "ok" but I didn't think it was flattering at all.
Therefore, I finished the finale of project runway with a cuppa tea... And thought " if they can hack up 'ok' clothes to make them completely different, then so can I!" ... And that is what I did.
It is now a far more flattering v neckline (with a slight curve) and almost looks like a wrap top.
The new adaptations are all pinned but not sewn yet... Oh, and also the side seams are getting trimmed down another inch at either side too.
Last adaptation... I don't think the sleeves will look cool. Am "editing them out"... Hopefully I can use the fabric for something else.
- 50's swing dress project and new fabric (1)
- bust darts (1)
- Denim dress (4)
- Denim dress complete (1)
- Denim scrap skirt (2)
- dress (1)
- Fabric Choice (1)
- First Skirt Project (3)
- Floral Swish Dress (1)
- Floral Swishy Dress (2)
- floral tea dress (1)
- full bust adjustment (2)
- green (1)
- Green and pink scrap wrap skirt (1)
- Half circle skirt (1)
- Learning to sew (1)
- Mad men (1)
- Metric vs Imperial measurement (1)
- My first Creation: Pink dress (baby cord carousel horse pattern) (1)
- My Workspace (1)
- neck line (2)
- Ottobre (1)
- Pattern adjustments for bust (1)
- pattern alterations (1)
- pattern making (2)
- patterned fabric (1)
- peplum (1)
- perfect fit (1)
- Pink tartan dress (1)
- piping (3)
- pockets (1)
- random (1)
- Sewing magazines (1)
- Sewing with stretchy fabric (1)
- Spotty Green Skirt (2)
- Striped skirt (1)
- Tartan dress (1)
- Using scraps (3)
- Using the sewing machine (1)
It took me 1/2 a day but my skirt is cute! The weird thing was that the zip as waistband should have been hard and the seams should have bee...
I hate wasting fabric. The thought of throwing scraps away seem awful to me. But the thought of them lying in a tub and not getting used als...
I have forgone my lunch and everything! I was just too excited to work on the dress! I still have some tweaking to do... Add a trim, take ...
I started and finished this spontaneous project in a few hours. As mentioned previously, I want to use my big bits of "scrap" befo...
I have been wanting to make a tartan dress for aaages... Well I am Scottish after all! What put me off was matching the pattern up and fin...
Well, the first one I am actually proud of! I started it a looooong time ago by cutting the pieces. Then I forgot all about it and the par...
As mentioned, I used bias cut triangles. 2 big isosceles triangles for the front and back and 2 smaller ones for the side seams (these one...
I am starting my new project! I bought Cloth magazine at the weekend and fell in love with the skirt shape I the "pinafore pattern"...
So, I haven't had much time for personal creativity this week. I have had a busy week at work (lots of reports to write), I have also ha...
I literally finished the final fit and trim 30 mins before I wore it out tonight! I am a swing and jive dancer and tonight was a party nigh...