So, firstly I had to try and convert the bust. I had 4 inches to add on. 4! I think.
I tried following the "pivot method" but have a feeling it will now be too big elsewhere.
The fabric is now cut and marked. I think I cut it out neatly. Fingers crossed it works.
I am impressed I managed to cut the bias out correctly. This is for the yoke and the sleeves.
Next step... The hard part of assembly!
- 50's swing dress project and new fabric (1)
- bust darts (1)
- Denim dress (4)
- Denim dress complete (1)
- Denim scrap skirt (2)
- dress (1)
- Fabric Choice (1)
- First Skirt Project (3)
- Floral Swish Dress (1)
- Floral Swishy Dress (2)
- floral tea dress (1)
- full bust adjustment (2)
- green (1)
- Green and pink scrap wrap skirt (1)
- Half circle skirt (1)
- Learning to sew (1)
- Mad men (1)
- Metric vs Imperial measurement (1)
- My first Creation: Pink dress (baby cord carousel horse pattern) (1)
- My Workspace (1)
- neck line (2)
- Ottobre (1)
- Pattern adjustments for bust (1)
- pattern alterations (1)
- pattern making (2)
- patterned fabric (1)
- peplum (1)
- perfect fit (1)
- Pink tartan dress (1)
- piping (3)
- pockets (1)
- random (1)
- Sewing magazines (1)
- Sewing with stretchy fabric (1)
- Spotty Green Skirt (2)
- Striped skirt (1)
- Tartan dress (1)
- Using scraps (3)
- Using the sewing machine (1)
It took me 1/2 a day but my skirt is cute! The weird thing was that the zip as waistband should have been hard and the seams should have bee...
I hate wasting fabric. The thought of throwing scraps away seem awful to me. But the thought of them lying in a tub and not getting used als...
I have forgone my lunch and everything! I was just too excited to work on the dress! I still have some tweaking to do... Add a trim, take ...
I started and finished this spontaneous project in a few hours. As mentioned previously, I want to use my big bits of "scrap" befo...
I have been wanting to make a tartan dress for aaages... Well I am Scottish after all! What put me off was matching the pattern up and fin...
Well, the first one I am actually proud of! I started it a looooong time ago by cutting the pieces. Then I forgot all about it and the par...
As mentioned, I used bias cut triangles. 2 big isosceles triangles for the front and back and 2 smaller ones for the side seams (these one...
I am starting my new project! I bought Cloth magazine at the weekend and fell in love with the skirt shape I the "pinafore pattern"...
So, I haven't had much time for personal creativity this week. I have had a busy week at work (lots of reports to write), I have also ha...
I literally finished the final fit and trim 30 mins before I wore it out tonight! I am a swing and jive dancer and tonight was a party nigh...